Tuesday, October 10, 2017

Remember, Remember. To Draw For DrawTober.

Lately it just occurred to me that I like to draw. A lot. Come to think of it this is actually not something new. When I was little I used to draw or paint quite often. Once I even participated in a drawing competition in Fakultas Kedokteran Hewan IPB & won. 4th prize! Not bad, right?! :)) When I was still in Vienna there was an Independence Day Celebration at the Indonesian Embassy. I also participated in a drawing competition. Did I win? I can't remember :)) Anyways... The point is I just realize that writing is not my only hobby. I also like to draw. BUT (yes there's a but :p) I don't have a lot of original ideas. Like...my own! Unlike writing, I can't just picture some kind of a scenery or object in my head & then pour the idea on a piece of paper or canvas or whatever. What I do (for now) is put the words (read: ideas) on Google, click Search & voila! :))

Once I find an image that I like, I try to copy it & add some of my own ideas. Whether it's another object, different colors, anything. So far I'm enjoying it. I also started to paint like... Using an easel, canvas, palette, paint, paintbrush & stuff :)) It's not finish yet but I promise I will. Soon! Then one day I found this DrawTober 2017 thing. I thought okay, why not?! I already have an unused notebook! All I needed was a pencil & an eraser. That's it! I must admit it is very challenging. But also very fun! Every day I try to put something...personal on my drawing. Something meaningful. I don't want to draw...just like that! 

So far I've only on Day 7. Today is my Day 8 & I haven't draw anything. I usually do it after dinner or while putting Kukka to bed. I must admit though... This DrawTober thing needs a lot of commitment :)) Well... Let's consider it as another challenge, shall we?   

No comments: