Tuesday, October 11, 2005

The older, the chicken-er?

Oy... Where did that movie chick go, who used to be sooooooo excited and fearless while watching horror movies? Whether I'm alone or with a bunch of friends, it didn't matter. I used to love horror movies. Vampires, ghosts, demons, Casper, I could deal with them anytime, anywhere (except Indonesian horror movies. Pocong? Hiiii!!! No way, jose! Gimme something from Transilvania.).
Last night when I was waiting for my husband to come home, I "accidently" watched Gothika on HBO. It wasn't the scariest movie I've ever seen. In fact, it was actually nothing. But whenever the sound got a bit more tense or the visual got darker and scarier, and there were signs that the ghost would appear any second from now, I immediately flipped channel to Extravaganza. :D I knooooooooooooooow.... But I did manage to watch Gothika until the end, you know (the channel flipping did occure a couple more times though).
Afterwards I lied down on my bed (with all the lights on) and waited unpatiently for my husband. The mirror on the closet
and that damn old rat outside successfully made my heart go crazy for minutes. So, the second I heard my husband's car is coming, I jumped out of bed and greeted him by the door. Relieved that I would actually sleep very well indeed.
But I couldn't stop thinking why is it that now I, who used to love watching movies where blood and demons are all over the place, don't even dare to see a man got hacked by an axe? Hah..... I started to think of other movies that frightened me. Jelangkung. That damn suster ngesot!! Hiiiiii!!! I couldn't sleep for almost... Pff...months maybe?
It's not just that. Now, I'm couldn't sleep alone. So, whenever my husband has to go abroad, I sleep like only 3-4 hours a day tops. Coz I couldn't get my eyes closed way before dawn. Terrible. And sometimes I don't even know what I'm afraid of. Sicko.
And then I remembered something my father in law said to us the other day "The older you get, the easier you tend to get frightened." Why? I dunno. And I thought the saying is "the older, the wiser" :I

No comments: