Sunday, October 09, 2022

Likes and Loves, Comments and Shares

It's been more than a month since my last blogpost. Not that I didn't have any ideas what to write about. It's just lots of things are going on but not enough time. Like helping Mr. Hubster with his project and studying together with my Precious Godsend for her exams. When I do have time for myself I'm usually already wrapped up in a warm blanket around 11pm 😊 Thankfully today I have some me-time. A light headache and an upset stomach didn't stop me from doing one of the things that I love: blogging. And I'd like to thank Julie & Julia movie for reminding me of the thrill of blogging πŸ˜„ I've watched Julie & Julia many times and it still gives me joy. And hunger! But today it gave me something else to think about. Especially when Julie was typing on her blog: 

"Sometimes I can't help but wonder. Is anyone out there reading me? I'm sure you are aren't you? Somebody? Anybody?" 

Seconds later Julie received a notification. She was so happy and she told her friend right away: 

"Christine! I have a comment!" 

Sadly the comment was from her mother who was against this whole blogging thing: 

"Julie, it's your mother. I still don't understand why you're doing this. I seem to be your only reader." 

And poor Julie was pouting again πŸ˜… Then knowing that the movie is based on true stories, I started to compare things from the old days and now... 

Some people love to share things that happen in their lives and some don't. The reasons can be different. Some love to flaunt because they have lots of things to show off. Some seek for attention because they're lonely. Some give or ask for help and charities. While some do it just for fun and pure self satisfaction. It's 2022 and I think nothing has changed. What's changing is obviously the medias where you can share things. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, TikTok, Youtube. Those are probably still the main ones. God knows what else is out there πŸ€ͺ And the main reason is still the same: attention. Comments and likes. Which reminds me of one of Hubs' Tokopedia ads πŸ˜†

"Ko masih belom ada yang like ya?" 

But I must say... I don't think likes, loves, comments and shares matter that much to me. It used to but not anymore. To prove it just check my stuff and see it yourself. I don't have millions of followers on Twitter and Instagram. But I still tweet as often as I speak. I love to post pictures on Instagram, from an ΓΌber cute Moochi to a boring music sheet. I rarely get comments on my blog. When I do get 1 or 2, my friends leave the comments on Facebook πŸ˜„ But I still love to blog and try to do it as often as I could. Just to get things out of my mind. And heart. 

I know about blogging from my big brother, Eza. Just like I know about many other things πŸ˜‚ He taught me how to make a blog on Bloglines which is now dead... And of course Eza showed it to me way before social medias became big hits in our country. I guess that's one of the perks of having a very smart and up to date brother? πŸ˜† So yeah... I think the only follower I had on Instagram and who gave ❤️ on my pictures was him. The only person who read my blog and left comments was Eza. The only follower who replied or retweeted my tweets was also him. And I was very excited about it and I still am 😊

Writing to me has always been... Therapeutic? I started writing on a diary since elementary school. I wonder where my diaries are... I remember I have one with a small lock on it 😊 Wow... What did I write when I was...10? Or 11? What secrets did I write that were sooo important that nobody wasn't allowed to read? πŸ˜† Now I'm 46 and I still keep a diary. Probably even more important than ever. Now writing/posting stuff is another way for me to recall the events in my life, both exciting and boring ones. 

So whenever I DO get replies, likes, loves, comments or shares I'm always surprised. Because I don't even expect to have any readers πŸ˜† And I also thought that blogging is dead. But apparently it still very much alive. Not only likes, I also made new friends on these medias, who mostly to this day I haven't met in flesh. But it doesn't matter πŸ˜™ I'm also still a bit speechless whenever a friend or two say that they enjoy reading my blog and looking forward to the next post. I never knew that any of my stories can give even the slightest joy to other people's life. 

But here YOU are 😊 And I would love to thank you for that πŸ€— I hope my stories can always put a smile on your face, an idea for you to do, or even a big goal for you to achieve. Until next time πŸ˜‰

2 comments:

Amelia said...

Hello Teh Ita, I am still a big fan of your blog!!! Love your writing style. It`s very enjoyable to read!! I'm your silent supporter. Lol. Say Hi to everyone in the family, ok? Miss you.

Farika said...

Hahahahah hey you! Happy to know that you're still reading my blog. Hope my stories can brighten up your days! Hugs and kisses πŸ₯°