Friday, January 25, 2013

What Did I Do Wrong


This is a question I often ask myself whenever an unfortunate event occurs in my life. Especially when I think that I’ve done nothing wrong. Don’t you dare say that I’m one of those people who never think of themselves as the guilty part. I never say I’m never wrong. And I never push anybody to take part of my mistakes to make me less guilty. 

It’s ironic, really. Just when you thought you’ve done almost everything by the book so that you could make a new clean start, something bad happened. And most of the time, it’s because of somebody else’s fuck-ups. Yet the sky slams down exactly on your head. Not his or hers. 

I detest irony. I think it’s one of the many things in life that makes a person just want to quit. It’s one of the reason why a person thinks “Why bother?”. Like, why bother being good if you’re going to be treated bad anyway? Why bother being honest if you’re going to be lied constantly anyway? Why bother being faithful if you're going to be abandoned anyway? 

Sometimes I do think that the best way to survive in this world is to think only for yourself. Being selfish and ocassionaly cruel are the keys of survival. Act like you have nothing to lose and live absolutely carefree. Life seems easier and much more fun if you don’t give a fuck. 

But then again, is that the kind of value you want to teach to your child? 


No comments: