Thursday, November 19, 2015

Dear Kukka: Major Milestone

My precious Godsend, 

Today I want to tell you another story about how proud I am with you. Why? Well, there are many things that I’m proud of, of course. But there’s one particular thing, a milestone, a big one, that you’ve achieved and I want to brag about to the whole world. 

By the time you read this, maybe you’ll remember that there was a time when you and I had to spend some nights at Ua Eza and Ua Tanti’s house. Why? Well, to cut the long story short, it’s because of me and my illness. But that’s not what I want to write about now. Like I said, I want to brag about you. About your achievement. 

You, my precious, beautiful, smart girl, have been sleeping on your own, in Ua Eza’s room for 3 nights in a row now!!!! All by yourself!!! There was one night when I sat by your side and told you bedtime stories while I stroked your hair. But the other nights, all I did was hugged you as tight as I could until you said “Ouch! You’re hurting me, Bubu”, tucked you in with Sausagee the Dachshund and Creamy The Cat, showered you with lots of good night kisses and....that was it!!!! You just asked me to leave the night lamp on and the door open. And then you went to sleep!!!! Just like that!!! No tears, no whining, no sad-looking face, no drama at all!!!!!

I must tell you that I’m having mixed feelings now, baby. For sure, I’m soooooooo proud of you!! No doubt about that. But..... I’m also feel kind of sad.... In fact I’m shedding a couple of tears now as I type these words.... Why??? Well.... It’s because... It means that.... You are definitely not a baby anymore :((((( You’re getting bigger, smarter, and most of all, braver. I’ve always know that you’re a brave kid. Sometimes even too brave aka reckless. You hardly ever whine (except when you really want to play Club Penguin and I say NO). You never act like a spoiled brat. You are polite and sweet. You've never been a cry baby except when you WERE one. I don’t think I (or anybody!) will ever forget your epic way of crying when you were still that bald chubby super cute baby #LOL But now...?????? 

Oh God... You, my precious, are one brave little lady!!! And I feel soooo blessed to have you. You’re smart, you’re funny, you’re brave and you are compassionate. And I pray to ALLAH SWT. that you’re going to stay this way forever and even better. 

Amen. 


2 comments:

Telly said...

Beautiful neng!!!! She will be very bless in the future to have this story to read for her kids...grand children...etc. ��������������

lukman hakim said...

Air mataku jatuh dipipi
Rasa terharu