Monday, July 10, 2017

Rest In Peace, Flappy Boy...

It's a sad, sad day... It was 7pm... Kukka and I, along with Dewi and Ari just arrived home from a half day of shopping spree... And there he was... Flappy, our batcat... Lying stiff in the cage with his eyes half opened... No...! Flappy!!! ;((( Wait... It just occured to me that I haven't write about Flappy at all! 

Flash back to February 10th. Dewi found a cute tiny kitten. Kukka was so happy and begged me to keep him. I instantly fell in love with him too. After we had the permission from Hubster, Kukka named the kitten Flappy, the cute ones with big, flappy, bat-wings kind of ears... We were so happy. Flappy was a very cheerful and playful kitten. He liked to chase us around, bite our hands and fingers and even our legs when we walked. Flappy was not allowed to come inside our house. Hubster didn't allow him to. Whenever he did come inside, Hubster would hold a broom and showed it to Flappy. Then Flappy would run outside the door as fast as he could. But that broom thing only worked with Hubster. As for the rest of us? Flappy didn't care. He wasn't afraid at all. Many times Flappy would just lay on the floor and acting funny instead. He knew that this particular group of people (Kukka, Dewi, Ari and I) would let him play inside the house. Unlike the Man of The House, maybe that what Flappy was thinking... Because yeah... Whenever Hubster wasn't at home, we would let Flappy play inside and even sleep with us! 

I even took a nap on the sofa with him lying on my tummy or on my chest. Kukka also sneaked Flappy inside her bedroom a lot of times. I would find them playing with a bunch of plush toys on the bed. Flappy was a very curious kitten. Whenever there was another cat passing by our house, he looked and sometimes even followed the other cat. Poor Flappy though... The other cats would either run away from him or hissed...

Long story short... On June 30th we went to Lombok for holiday. Because there was nobody who could take care of Flappy while we were gone, we decided to put him in a petshop until we came back... Everything was fine... A vet checked him up first to make sure that he was healthy. He was. He didn't look very happy though. As if he knew that we would have fun without him... I said sorry and promised Flappy that I would pick him up again as soon as we got back home. We didn't... Because Ari and Dewi were still on leave, we decided to pick Flappy up after they came to work again. 

So on July 7th we picked up Flappy from the petshop. Kukka and I were sooo happy!!! All the way home Flappy kept meowing as if he was mumbling something like "Why did you guys leave me at that petshop all by myself??? Why didn't you take me with you?!?!" It was hilarious... We couldn't stop laughing because Flappy's voice sounded angry in a funny way... I kept apologizing to him. I told him we would never leave him again... The second we arrived home, I let Flappy out of his carrier and he ran around the garden, climbed the tree up and down, went in and out of the house and jumping around following Kukka and me, biting our arms, our legs and my butt. Just the way he liked it... 

The next morning around 6am after I took my pills, I checked on Flappy. He was already awake. So I held him in my arms. And like always, he kept biting me and kicking me, which made me laugh outloud. Then I cradled Flappy in my arms and I started to sing Please Forgive Me by Bryan Adams. I said I'm sorry that I had to put him in the petshop and I promised him that would not do it again... I swear Flappy instantly stopped kicking and biting! He just looked me in the eyes and started to purr... He even let me play with his paws! So it was like we were holding hands... That was 3 days ago...

The next morning Flappy was not being himself... He was weak. He didn't finish his food and water... So unlike him... I thought he was just sleepy. But then I saw Flappy walked slowly from under the willow tree into his cage... Then he started to puke in his litterbox... I thought such a good boy! He puked in the litterbox. Not even on the grass! The next day Flappy was missing. But eventually Dewi found him lying near the neighbors' house. He was so weak... And he still didn't want to eat and drink! Even the day after! Which was yesterday... I decided to take Flappy again to another vet. And then came the sad, sad news... Flappy had a virus called Feline Panleukopenia Virus. It's a deadly virus for cats. Most of cats who are infected with this virus won't survive... 

The next thing I did was tell Kukka about Flappy's condition. As predicted she cried and cried. She even blamed me for going to Lombok. Because if we didn't go to Lombok, then we wouldn't have to put Flappy in the petshop... And he wouldn't get sick... Still I had my hopes up... Because Flappy took his medicines and didn't throw up. Dewi also put a lot of water along with the medicines so Flappy wouldn't be dehydrated anymore... But still... He looked weak. That night, while I was drinking my evening coffee, I sat beside Flappy's cage... I was stroking him and told him that I was sorry...When I was crying, Flappy weakly turned his head to me and looked me in the eyes... And then he looked away... I was crying and crying... It was just the two of us... 

This morning, after I had my morning pills, I immediately checked up on Flappy. He was still weak but already moved around his cage. He even meowed loudly when we were getting ready to go out. It was like he called me and begged me to stay? So I played with him first. I even took a picture of him. This one... 
I told him that we would be back soon. But unfortunately not soon enough... I'm so sorry I wasn't there for you, Flappy. Maybe you were meowing... Looking for me when you were in pain... But I wasn't there... 

May you rest in peace, you cute little batcat... 
Just like Kukka said... 
Have fun playing in heaven... 



No comments: