Saturday, December 09, 2017

Let's Cook!

Wow... It's been awhile. Here I am, fingers on the keyboard... Yet still. I don't know what I should write. I just feel that I have to. Because it's been too long. Not that there's nothing going on. In fact a lot of things have been going on. For example... Cooking. 

Yes. Cooking. I. Cook. :))) It might sounds strange or impossible but it turns out that I do like cooking. It started... I think... Since Hubster told me to cook instead of ordering food from a daily catering service. Why? Well... Many times the food that we've ordered was not very satisfying. Mostly the taste doesn't even match with the price. Second of all by being busy in the kitchen I would have a daily activity, which is a good thing for me. I must admit though. The second the cooking became "a must" thing to do, I got a major headache. It felt like such a heavy burden. Browsing recipes and watching Tasty didn't feel fun anymore... But then along came Dewi. 

Dewi is our maid. She's the wife of our driver, Ari. Actually Dewi is more than a maid. She's more like a personal assistant for me. She helps me running the house, right from cleaning every corner to reminding me when to pay the monthly bills. More than that, Dewi also reminds me when to take my medicines and the schedule to go to the doctor. Long story short, Dewi is an excellent cook and she assists me whenever I cook. We like to try new things by browsing through the internet or checking out that giant recipe book Hubster gave me on my birthday. Well I got recipes from anywhere I can. Once in awhile Dewi & I also "invent" the meal ourselves. The meal that we've cooked taste good. Some even really, really good. For example the chicken lollipop. Objectively speaking of course :p So yup! There goes my diet plan :p 

Alhamdulillah Kukka & Hubster also love the food. Whenever there's a lack of taste, Kukka would tell me right in the face :)) And of course, knowing me, I took pictures of every food I've cooked & posted them everywhere. My Facebook, instagram and all. And I do have some favorites. So far these are my Top 5: 

1. Chicken Lollipop



2. Rawon



3. Chicken-Shrimp & Sweet Corn with Mozarella 


4. Crispy Carp Fish With Sweet-Sour Pineapple Sauce


5. Sauté Spicy Chicken Liver With Green Tomatoes




2 comments:

enggar paramita said...

Would love to know the recipe for the top 5 :)

Farika said...

Remind me again please! Japri is better :))