Tuesday, March 20, 2018

14

Now let me tell you a little bit about this year's wedding anniversary present for SiBapa. The present which made me excited, nervous, sweaty & sleepless!!! LOL! As you my dear friends & loyal readers must know by now, I've been together with Hubster for a long time. We've been a couple since 1997 & we got married in March 6th 2004. As far as a I can remember, I always have an anniversary present for Hubster. Too bad I don't keep track of each one of them :)) The "problem" is there has been so many anniversaries I'm already out of ideas! :))) I really didn't know what kind of present I should give him this year. I was quite frustrated. Because to me, surprises mean a big deal. I know, I know :)) Well... Why not? Just because you've been together for a long time doesn't mean you ignore those kind of things. Right? Small things do matter. A simple love message, a warm hug. Anything to keep the excitement going. So there I was busting my brain every day, trying to find "the perfect" anniversary present for Hubster. Then one morning when we were lying around in bed, an idea hit me! I got this sudden rush, an excitement that I hadn't feel for a long time. I immediately googled here & there, contacted this & that. It was quite difficult & I was pretty nervous. Until FINALLY I got all the things that I needed. Then I put everything together & THIS is it:




14th wedding anniversary is traditionally celebrated with a gift of ivory. So I thought... Hey! Wood is pretty close to ivory. Right?!? :)) For your information, Yayang... Every single wooden letter, the wooden spoons & the frame are especially made. Just for Hubster, for SiBapa. Yes. Just for you, Muniku :)

You really can find & buy everything online I tell ya'! I ordered the letters from Bandung, the spoons from Medan & the frame from Ciputat. All I have to do was browse an online marketplace, order, pay & sit tight. The only store I had to visit was Toko Prapatan to buy the board :)) I had to be very certain though that Hubster wouldn't be at home when the packages arrived. Dewi also had to make sure that SiBapa wouldn't be the one who opened the door when the postman came. Everytime the door bell rang or SiBapa was outside, ready to go to work, I was like "Come on! Just go! Why are you still here!?!? The delivery guy could come any minute now!" :)) 

Dewi & Ari had their share of panicking. They tried to find the perfect place to hide the big frame, the board & everything else. Kukka also made sure that everytime SiBapa came to her bedroom he wouldn't see the big frame hidden behind the curtain. Kukka also had to protect the frame so that Moochi won't nudge it by accident. So yes! I thank everybody in this house for the awesome cooperation! When everything was ready to be assembled, I sweat my butt off putting the letters together nicely. I had super glue all over my fingers, on the floor & also a little bit on Moochi's fur :))) It was his fault though. He was really curious about the whole thing. Moochi even played with the dots from the "i"s of "since" & "spooning" LOL! I was scared he would swallowed them accidentally. Anyways... It may doesn't look much but it took a lot of effort to make it. Especially for me!!! LOL LOL LOL! I'm not a handy-crafty-creative person but it turns out that I do like to make things, as long as it has a special meaning to me. So again... 


After 21 years being together & 14 years of being married, I finally understood why ALLAH made your body so warm & my feet always so cold... Because we are made to spoon forever until death do us part.
 Happy 14th wedding anniversary Muniku! 
Ich liebe Dich über alles :*



No comments: