Saturday, March 10, 2018

Escape To Cimaja

It was just another day us being us. The Ica Lawendatus :)) Like always. No plans. Just do it! All of a sudden Hubster said we should go surfing to Cimaja. Even if it's in the middle of the week, on school days! After a lot of arguments & long consideration (SiBubu VS SiBapa & Kukka), I gave up & finally considered the trip as our 14th anniversary getaway. The skipping school part... There was nothing I could do other than say "Okay..." Kukka was very excited. This time SiBubu finally gave up & she "successfully" skipped school! SiBapa even said "Sekolah melulu!" & then they shared laughter together -_- The difference about this anniversary getaway was that SiBapa's friends, Ipul & Hendra were also in Cimaja. They all wanted to go surfing together. Yep. These boys are into surfing lately. Soooo like always I had to search & make last minute hotel reservations. This time we chose Cimaja Beach ClubWe left home on March 6th, early in the morning. Ari came along to drive the car. Obviously. Before we left I managed to give Hubster my EPIC anniversary present! I'll tell you all about it in the next blogpost. 

Now back to Cimaja! The road all the way to Cimaja was fine. No traffic jam whatsoever. Perfect day, perfect time. Kukka slept almost all the way. I think we only stopped once to eat at Rumah Makan Dapur Muara Kenari. Afterwards we went straight To Cimaja Beach Club. The cottage we stayed in was nice. It has wooden floors & glass doors. The downside of it was how to reach the cottage. We didn't know that we actually had to walk quite far from the parking lot. It was quite difficult too because we had to walk on round stones & wooden path. If we ever do come back again one day, I have to remember that it's better to use backpacks rather than a suitcase :)) But we enjoyed it nevertheless since the view was beautiful. We passed by a couple of bulls, just munching some grass on the hayfield & having a good time. On our right side was the sea. We could hear the waves rolling in & we saw lots of fishermen boats. What made me sad was the trash... There was quite a lot of plastic bags & many other things. For example I spotted a biscuit tin can & a sandal... It's upsetting how ignorant & careless some people can be... 

Anyways... After we arrived at the cottage, my babies went to the beach to surf right away. Their energies TO PLAY is amazing! I repeat: TO PLAY!! I stayed in because I had a long nap to catch up to. But I did go to the beach with them. I saw Kukka successfully stand on the board & she was very proud. I was very proud too! Kukka has always been a "water" kid. She's never been afraid of being inside a deep swimming pool or got rolled by the waves. I held my breath everytime Kukka was inside the water. I took a very very deep breath whenever I saw her little head emerging out of the water. Meanwhile Kukka jumped around happily & waved at me with a very proud face. Then she immediately went back to the water with her beloved Bapa. For a moment there I was wondering how on earth could she be more afraid learning how to ride a bike than surfing between REAL waves! :))

I've witnessed something cool when we were on the beach & it made me also laugh so loud. I was taking pictures of Hubster & Kukka while they were surfing. I also noticed there were a couple of local kids playing around in the water. At first I thought they were just swimming & surfing. But it turned out they were fishing! And what did they use??? Their bare hands!!!! They were screaming in sundanese, loudly & excitedly. It went more or less like this:

Boy A in the water: WOY! IYEU AYA HIJI!!! (Hey! There's one here!)

Boy B who was sitting close to me: HAYU ATUH KADIEU!!!! (Come here then!)

Boy A ran to Boy B, looked like he was holding something. Boy B made fire near my saung, my cottage. 

Boy B: Yeuh! Di ditu nu loba. Hiji yeuh! Kajeun nya? (Here you go! There's a lot over there. Here's one. Is it okay?)

I saw Boy B gave something to Boy A. I was very curious so I tried to pay attention to what they were doing. It turned out...

Me: Boy! Itu nangkep ikan???? Terus sekarang langsung bakar & dimakan???? (Boy! Did you just catch a fish?? And now you're grilling it & eat it???)

Boy A & B stared at me with a "Duh!" look & answered: Iyah. (Yes.)

After the boys gave me a weird look, they continued enjoying the small fish they just caught. It looked like it was very delicious.

Me: KEREN!!!!! (COOL!!!) LOL LOL LOL

It was the first time I ever saw someone catch a fish, grill it & eat it right away on the spot! Just like Tom Hanks in Cast Away!!!! It was so cool!!! I laughed so loud & gave them my thumbs up. Too bad I didn't record it. :)))))

My favorite part of Cimaja Beach Club are the super cute & friendly dalmatians dogs: Trooper & Vader. They are so friendly & wanted to be around us like all the time! Kukka, the animal lover that she is, obviously wasn't scared at all. Actually I was the one who was a little bit worried since Kukka really like to pet the dalmatians heads. And the dogs looked like they really wanted to lick Kukka's hands :)) It's not the licking that worried me. I mean... Their noses are probably as big as my fist. And those teeth!! :)) I couldn't remember who it was but one of them whimpered cutely, practically begging for some Chacha chocolate from Kukka. They followed Kukka wherever she went. Also whenever we were inside the bedroom, Trooper & Vader sit right in front of the glassdoor & waited for us to come out. Good thing they couldn't knock :)) I totally understand Kukka's excitement because I had fun with the doggies too! Even SiBapa pet the doggies a lot of times! He also let me took a couple of pictures of him riding on Trooper! Or was it Vader? :*

On the evening we had dinner at the restaurant. Finally we went to sleep with bellies full & content hearts. The next day we went home. Our one night get-away was super fun & I thank SiBapa for it. Maybe next time we can stay longer. And I have to remember to put sunblock on Kukka's face. :)) 


No comments: