Sunday, May 05, 2019

AfterLife

If you have Netflix, start watching AfterLife. I did. Twice. The whole season. Obviously not in one day but yeah... I've watched it twice and it still makes me laugh outloud, shed tears and smile. It's Ricky Gervais who is starring. He's also the one who wrote the thing. I know Ricky Gervais from Hubster. I think. And as far as I can remember he's always been funny. Now about this serial... AfterLife is about a man named Tony (Ricky Gervais) who loves his wife very very much. The sad thing is his wife died because she was very sick. Well just googled it by yourself to save me some time to type. Here's a little bit I copy-pasted: 

"Tony had a perfect life -- until his wife Lisa died. After that tragic event, the formerly nice guy changed. After contemplating taking his life, Tony decides he would rather live long enough to punish the world by saying and doing whatever he likes. He thinks of it as a superpower -- not caring about himself or anybody else -- but it ends up being trickier than he envisioned when his friends and family try to save the nice guy that they used to know." 

Anyways the second time I watched AfterLife I just realized more how...real this show is. The things being said and done... Not only by Tony, the character Gervais is playing, but also by the rest of them. There's this woman who comes to the graveyard everyday. She sits on bench right in front of her husband's grave, which (conveniently) is next to Tony's wife, Lisa, grave. She told Tony that she and her husband was married for 48 years and he never disagreed with her. Tony replied "I didn't get that long." ............. Then THIS: "I'd rather be nowhere with her than somewhere without her." HWAAAAA HIKKKKSSS! :((( There's also Sandy, a new journalist who works under Tony's supervision. Her line which is my favorite is "Just be happy.". You have to watch this part... It's how Sandy said it and the way she looked at Tony which makes this scene is so heartbreaking. 

Now... What makes AfterLife worthwatching is also because it's hilarious :))) So yeah... There's also so many quotes that makes my laugh so hard. For example when Tony is threatening a boy with a hammer because the boy keeps bullying his nephew! He also said to the boy "tubby little ginger cunt." :))) Tony's father who has dementia is also hilarious. Probably the best scene is when Tony said "I love you Dad." and the dad replied "Gay." :))))))

Ow well... I don't want to spoil too much. Just watch it!!! IT'S FUNNY!!!! And for starters I give you this:






No comments: