Friday, December 27, 2019

SiMoochi The Hero

It was Thursday evening around 8pm. I just got home after picking up Kukka from her 4D3N holiday at her beloved Uncle Ferry's house. The driver already left. It was the 3 of us again at home: Kukka, SiMoochi and me. I kept telling Kukka to take a shower which she of course totally ignored. SiMoochi was running around the house, begging for my attention. I was so ready to catch and squeeze my furry baby until suddenly... He stopped. SiMoochi suddenly "froze" right in front of the bathroom stairs. He looked at the door intensely. His ears were all "spikey", his eyes were very wide and on full alert. You could totally see that there was something wrong. At first I didn't really care about it since SiMoochi does that a lot. But usually he does it in front of the stairs. Usually SiMoochi looks up to the middle of the stairs to the second floor and he just...stares at...something. Spooky. Yes. But I must admit this time it was totally different. 

Still... I tried to carry and hug SiMoochi like I always do. The second I touched him SiMoochi jumped high and curled his body like something was gonna hurt him. I told my furry boy that everything was okay. I managed to catch him and carried him around the house. I asked "What's going on Moochi? Let me hug you! I miss you!" But then SiMoochi jumped and ran away, right to Kukka's bathroom. I tried to hug him again yet one more time, SiMoochi jumped high, on full alert. I said okay, this is getting annoying. I'll leave you alone, I said to SiMoochi. 

I can't remember how many minutes later when I came back looking for SiMoochi. I think it was also at the same time when I told Kukka to finally wash up since it was getting late. I turned on Kukka's bathroom and there he was... SiMoochi. Sitting on the bathroom floor, right in front of the trash bin. His whole expression was on full alert. SiMoochi looked at me and looked right back at the trash bin. And then it finally hit me. There must be something wrong. Something must be around that trash bin and SiMoochi knew it. Of course it didn't take long until I put one and one together: SiMoochi - suspicious look - bathroom - trash bin - cobra "fever"

Yes. Lately lots of black cobra, big ones and babies, have been found around the cluster. There's even a notification letter and training how to deal with snakes from the cluster management about this. A couple of days before I found a baby cobra slithering away on the grass. I yelled and called my driver who was totally useless. He screamed and practically ran back into the house. I was like -_- Then I called Dewi dan Yuli, the maids. Dewi tried to catch the snake, Yuli picked up the security guys. The guys couldn't find it. They lost the snake in the middle of the bushes near Kukka's bathroom wall. The guys also found which appeared to be a snake hole. So yeah... I thought that must be the same one.

So anyways what I did seconds later was carefully carried SiMoochi away from the trash bin, immediately closed the bathroom door, put Kukka and SiMoochi in the bedroom and called the security guys. I was very impressed because the guys came minutes after I called. Complete with a snake stick. I told them that I didn't know for sure that there was a snake but it could be considering of the cobra which we lost a couple days ago and of course, SiMoochi's weird behaviour. The security guys said no worries and it was very good that I called them right away. Because apparently they already caught about... 10 (?) snakes around the cluster. Same ones. Black cobras. Mostly in Blok H if I'm not mistaken. I was like WTF????????? 

So yeah... One of the guys lifted the trash bin and said "Iya ada nih..." (Yup! There's one.) in a very calm manner. Again I was like WHAT THE FUCK?!?!?!??! THERE'S A SNAKE INSIDE MY HOUSE!!!! In my baby's bathroom too!!! And she was just gonna wash up!!! It didn't take long for the security guys to get the snake with the stick. I recorded the whole thing and I realized that this one was actually bigger than the one we lost in the garden. I didn't have an Aqua bottle which they usually use to put the snakes in and throw them away back to the river. Long story short at the end, the security guys had to kill it. I thanked the guys for coming and they gave me some tips and told me to call them anytime. Some of the tips were putting fiber mats in front of the doors and mothballs near every drainage around the house. Apparently snakes don't like the smells of mothballs. Go figure.

After that what I did was giving SiMoochi a big hug and lots of thanks and praises. And of course a very delicious treat, his favourite: Me-O Creamy Treats: Chicken & Liver :) To think that I almost couldn't sleep because I was sooo worried SiMoochi would encounter another snake and get hurt... It turned out cats are quite good in catching snakes. Even house cats! One of them is Scribble: Can A House Cat Kill Snakes?

So yes! Thanks to SiMoochi Kukka and I were safe that night. If only SiMoochi wasn't that jumpy... If only SiMoochi didn't sit on full alert mode in the bathroom that whole time... If only SiMoochi didn't look the way he did in front of the trash bin... If only SiMoochi didn't return at the same time we arrived at home...

Thank you CiMoochMooch, our handsome furry hero :*


No comments: