Thursday, December 16, 2021

Project Kukka Denta

It was just another weekend when Kukka and I had a conversation about our plans during school holiday. Then we had a deal that when the holiday started and Bapa said "OK!", we would visit an Orthodontist to get Kukka's teeth fixed. After spending lots of time on Google and asking lots of friends, I finally made a decision which ortho to visit. The Kakas, Namira and Alyna, were the one who told me about drg. Ardiny Andriani, Sp.Ort in Klinik Denta. So I told SiBapa about it, called Klinik Denta and long story short, I made an appointment for Kukka. From the very beginning Kukka was... Well... She's just pretty cool about the whole thing. I told her about my experience when I wore braces very long time ago. I said that it would hurt but that it would be worth it. And that tomorrow we would just have a talk with the ortho.

And so Kukka and I met drg. Dini on Wednesday. Like The Kakas said, she's very nice. drg. Dini also explained things very clear and most importantly, I didn't forget to record the whole thing! 😆 Kukka was happy and proud when drg. Dini said that her teeth are in good condition. Meanwhile I was surprised that Kukka's case is not considered as a tough one. Her case is...totally...normal! No tooth need to be pulled out and that it will take only 1.5 years for Kukka's teeth to be perfectly aligned. So I asked what the next step was and what or where did Kukka has to go or do. In her fully covered body with post apocalyptic-like costume drg. Dini said "Sekarang bisa." Kukka and I were like... ðŸ˜ģðŸ˜ģ 


Things certainly have changed like A LOT since... 1997? I think that was the year when I got my teeth fixed. Sadly not by an ortho so the result is not very good. It turns out nowadays you don't have to get your jaw scanned in... Oh I don't know! A lab??? You don't have to get your whole teeth...casted? All you have to do is visit an obviously good orthodontist, sit down nicely, open your mouth widely and be patient 😆 The procedure lasted from 12pm - 3pm. I was there the whole time. I asked a lot of questions because... Well like I said! Things certainly have changed since 1997 😂 While Kukka was busy with drg. Dini I chatted with SiBapa and sent him some pictures. He was also shocked when I said that the procedure would be done right away. The cost was also a big topic of our conversation since it was certainly not cheap 😂 But alhamdullillah alles ist gut 😊

Around 3pm the project was finished. Kukka kept saying that it didn't hurt at all. drg. Dini and I reminded her that the pain WOULD come probably later on at night or the day after. Before we went home drg. Dini explained about lots of things. I told Kukka to pay extra attention when drg. Dini explained about how to brush the teeth and how to change the rubber bands. Later on we said goodbyes and make sure that we will see each other again next month. I "warned" drg. Dini that I might text her lots of questions and she was totally okay about it. Alhamdulillah.

The minute we got home Kukka showed off her teeth to the maids who were very shocked and to Moochi who didn't care at all 😂 Kukka also sent a selfie to her dad and her beloved Uncle Ferry ☺️ Around dinner time Kukka said that it started to hurt. "Heheh... I know baby... I know..." so I kept saying that while hugging and kissing her again and again. I told Kukka that if the pain was unbearable drg. Dini said it's okay to take Panadol. But, as I predicted, my girl only complained like a couple of times and didn't shed a tear 😊 Her dad is more of a whiner than she is ðŸĪŠ Body's aching here and there from fitness session, he whines the entire day and demands our full attentions ðŸĪĢ Meanwhile his daughter keeps it to herself most of the time. I know how painful it is. I do remember. Although drg. Dini said thanks to the newest technology wearing braces is not as painful as it used to be. But it still hurts... My girl was more emotional when she had to change the rubber band. It was a bit difficult. I could hear how pissed off she was when she lost 1 rubber in the bathroom because it...snapped away? 😂 I offered her my help but she wanted to do it by herself. Perfect. It's been a long tiring day and Bubu needed the rest 😉


And so is the story about Kukka and her first day wearing braces. Wish us luck! 😉




No comments: