Thursday, July 14, 2022

New Promise + New Class = FUN

A promise is made to be kept, fulfilled. In my case it was actually a nazr. That if my Precious Godsend successfully graduated to Class 9, I would take our house crew, Dewi-Yuli-Ari, to dinner. This time we decided to take them to have dinner at Outback Steakhouse. How we came to decide to have steaks was because of our talk about food 😄 Usually this kind of conversation occurs when I'm having my morning coffee while Dewi is cooking and Yuli is cleaning up the bedrooms. The maids talk about how their bosses like to treat them with adventures including trying out delicious, and in their case, unusual food 😄 Duck King, Sushi Tei, Chung Gi Wa, ... and others. Sadly I can't remember any of those moments 😔 Thankfully I always take-post the pictures! So while I was looking at the pictures I went something like "Kalo makan steak udah pernah belom?". I could see their faces lit up immediately 😂 I guess they know SiBapa and SiBubu very good. The Dynamic Duo (Dewi Yuli) answered, or should I say, practically screamed "Belom pernah Bu! Ya kalo yang murah sih udah pernah ya! Stik tenda gitu, bu!" I laughed and asked "Oh emang Bapa belum pernah ngajak ke Outback ya?" Minutes after that all I could hear was "Belom buuu! Belom!" 😆 And that was how it began.

First thing first. I told SiBapa about my nazr and asked for his permission. Of course he said yes and told us to have fun 🥰 Sadly he's still in Bali so he couldn't join us. When I told the crew about it they were actually happy 😂 "Kalo sama Bapa bawaannya tegang, Bu..." among other things which I totally understand 😆 So the next thing I knew I made a reservation at Outback Steakhouse for Wednesday at 7pm. Why Outback? Well... That was the first steakhouse restaurant which came across my mind. Also it's in PIM 1, not too far from home. So why not 😋

As I predicted, yesterday the maids came extra early. I watched them work until ... "Bu, Dewi sama Yuli pamit pulang awal ya... Mau mandi sama dandan dulu. Semua kerjaan udah beres, bu. Nanti jam setengah 6 kita udah di sini lagi. Yuli juga mau minum Antimo dulu supaya ngga mabok naek mobil." Both of them grinned with eyes full of excitement 😆 Even Ari went home early. They came back at 5:30pm, all dolled up and ready to have a good time. It was a good decision to leave sooner because the traffic was pretty bad. But thankfully we arrived right on time 😊

The restaurant wasn't packed but I was suprised to see lots of guests on a weekday. I also thought that Outback is like... This old place where the youngsters wouldn't come to visit. But apparently I was wrong. Next to our table there were like 3 or 4 tables set together and the guests were all... Young people 😄 I think it was a birthday celebration. While on the other side of our table there was a young man enjoying his steak and beer all by himself. Yuli, the outspoken one, asked "Kalo orang luar, ato orang item kaya di meja sebelah, emang suka makan sendiri gitu ya bu?" 😆 I said "Lah ibu juga sering makan sendiri! Terutama kalo ke Sushi Tei. Makan di bar sendiri. Atau ngopi. Nonton apalagi! Enak." Yuli was like "Oh iya ya bu... Ibu sering pergi sendiri 😳" Like always, the crew asked lots of questions. Especially when it was time to order. Dewi already knew a thing or two because she googled the menu at home 😂 Yeah... Dewi always does her homework. I couldn't stop laughing because the maids kept comparing the steak prices to their daily groceries shopping. That instead of 1 steak, they could buy a week's or even a month's worth of groceries and stuff. It's always interesting to hear their stories. From Dewi-Yuli-Ari I know how they live their lives and everything. Especially about daily expenses. The waitress was also nice. When Yuli chose a certain drink, the waitress said politely "Ini ada alkoholnya ya bu..." Yuli immediately said no and her eyes grew bigger when I was drinking mine. "Bu! Nanti mabok bu!" 😄 I could see that she was really concerned about me. Dewi also kept reminding me to take my evening pills before bed instead of the usual 7pm because I had an alcoholic beverage. Meanwhile, after ordering her pasta 😑, my girl strolled in and out the restaurant by herself. Yuli was really concerned. "Nanti si eneng nyasar bu!I had to calm her down and told her not to worry. 

And finally the juicy steaks were served on the table. I taught the Dynamic Duo how to use the fork and knife, what kind of sauce they should try etc. While everybody was enjoying their steaks, My Precious Godsend asked her mbas "Enak ga steak-nya? Mba Dewi suka? Mba Yuli suka? Senang ga ke sini?" 🤗 And her mbas said "Seneng neeeeng! Steak-nya enaaak! Terima kasih ya neng!" Beside steaks we also had Typhoon Bloom (fried onion rings) and Crispy Volcano Shrimp which turned out to be everybody's favorite. When Yuli tried the onion rings she asked "Bu? Ini...bawang bombay? Ditepungin??? Larang tenan!" 😂 I swear to you everytime Yuli commented on something I laughed and almost peed in my pants. Yuli has always been the funny one. Things that are..."normal" in her case can be funny and make me laugh. I assume that's why Dewi can get along very well with Yuli. 

The dinner was a major success. Maybe it was too successful because nobody made a sound all the way home 😂 Our tummies were full and all we wanted was to lay down on our beds and go to sleep. Thankfully the traffic was okay and we arrived at home before 10pm. With sleepy eyes the Dynamic Duo and Ari thanked me and Kukka again and again and again. They said they also would send a thank you message to SiBapa. Seconds before I closed the door our house crew still expressed their gratitudes and prayers for SiBapa, Kukka and me. The 3 repeatedly said "Kalo bukan sama ibu dan bapa, ya mana bisa kita ke sini!" ðŸ™‚

That night I went to sleep with a smile on my face. A smile of happiness and gratitude. I'm happy because we had the chance to share new experiences with the people who make our daily lives easier. I'm happy because they are happy. I'm grateful to have a husband who's always willing to share in whatever form of happiness can be shared. Especially to those who are not as fortunate as we are. And most of all I'm grateful that SiBapa and I can teach/show one meaningful lesson or 2 to our Beloved Godsend. I hope one day she'll understand it 
even more and will apply it to her own life. 
Amen 🥰

No comments: