Sunday, February 12, 2023

Autoimmune Enchephalitis Awareness Month 2023

And 8 years later... 

It's not getting better but I am more patient.

It's not getting better but I am getting stronger.

It's not getting better but I'm definitely way tougher.

I accept the fact that the older I get, the worse it will be.

I accept the fact that the older I get, the less likely it will heal. 

I accept the fact that the older I get, the more disabilities I will have.



Hands trembling. Memory loss. Teeth grinding. Imbalance. 

Exhaustion. Aphasia (word finding difficulty). 

Prosopagnosia (trouble recognizing/remembering faces and names).

And the list goes on. And on. And on.

Now I finally understand that sometimes the simplest solution is just to accept. 

The good. The bad. The best. The worst.

Just accept. 

And enjoy life while you still can!


To my fellow AE Warriors all around the world.

Just like Trent Reznor said:

"You and me

We're in this together now

None of them can stop us now

We will make it through somehow"

*We're In This Together by Nine Inch Nails*



Note: red brain drawn on iPad with trembling hands. You can totally see it and I'm okay with that 😉




No comments: