Thursday, November 02, 2023

Doc Rocksy Menjelaskan:

Hi guys! Before I continue writing this post I would love to greet you all with a big hug 🤗 and a sincere SING SEHAT SEMUA YAAAAA!

You already now how bad the weather is now and how easy it is to get sick. It almost doesn't matter if you have enough rest or do lots of exercises. The pilates instructors in House of Pilates were sick and they exercise probably like 20 hours every day! 😅 Meanwhile my neurorologist told me that almost all the doctors in the hospital got the flu and/or cough. She told me that she had the cough for 2 weeks and had to take antibiotics. The Rocksy said there's this joke among the doctors about the fact that they have to take antibiotics at least for 5 days to be healthy again. Then she showed me a bottle of cough syrup:

"Nih masih ada obat batuk saya! 😄 "

So yeah... I was sick. Since mid September I had a very bad cough and cold. Eventually I was so exhausted I decided to push my December session with The Rocksy 1 month earlier. And I'm so glad I did it! 

On 31st October I finally went to see The Rocksy. The minute she met me my doc said:
"Bindeng banget suaranya!"

I whined like a little kid to her mom and told her everything from the flu to bad coughing which oddly enough occured more at night while sleeping. Which obviously led to lack of sleep and caused seizures 😔 I told The Rocksy that my coughing and sneezing didn't get better eventhough I already took a bottle of over-the-counter cough syrup and also went to a clinic around the block. None of them worked.

While The Rocksy was examining me I told her I was so pissed I often slapped myself in the face because of the constant midnight coughing. 

"Sampai ke dalem nih dahaknya... Tuh... Grok grok grok grok... 
Dahaknya nempel di dinding paru-paru karena lengket." 

Shit. Just by imagining it makes me want to vomit 🤮 Then The Rocksy asked me about the air purifier. Apparently during our last session she advised me to get 1 and put it in the bedroom. I totally forgot about it 😅 When I asked her which brand to use my caring doctor googled it right in front of me 😊 She practically shrieked while telling me about that time when "Stok abis!" and I didn't believe her. "Iiih itu yang lagi parah-parahnya!" Okay doc I believe you! 😄 The Rocksy said that air purifier does make a difference. "Cuaca emang lagi jelek. Virus lagi banyak. Untuk virus dan debu ngaruh lumayan!" Noted doc! 🤔

After examining me The Rocksy took a serious look at my Buku Harian Epilepsi and commented:

"Pilates gaya berat naik kelas!!! 😄 Gaya berat tuh yang kaya gimana sih buuu?!?!"

We both laughed outloud and I told her that it is a true story! 😆 My "defense" was that it was my instructor who said so! I also pointed out the fact that as far as I can remember, I only had 1 seizure during or after pilates class. And it happened while I had the neverending cough. 

"Oh iya yang Jumat 13 Oktober ini ya?"

I asked The Rocksy is it possible that because I enjoy the class very much hence no seizures? She said yes 😊 

Then the conversation continued about fever.

"Sebetulnya ngga bagus (kalau ngga demam). Karena demam tuh untuk pertahanan tubuh. Kalau dia demam 1. emang virusnya jahat banget. Yang kedua imunnya dia bagus banget ngelawan."

I grinned and said "Oke deh saya udah ketauan imunnya jelek makanya ngga pernah fever ya dok..."

The Rocksy laughed and explained "Antara virusnya emang lemah atau kitanya yang lemah. Ngga punya pertahanan ngelawan."

Oooowkay 😅 Anyways... Our 20 minutes session continued with my dearest neurologist gave me advice on how to get the sticky mucus out by: 1. Take a long warm/hot shower. 2. Put Vicks Vaporub into a bucket of hot water and cover our head with a towel with the face down on top of it (I did this. Be careful! It might hurt your eyes a bit 🙂)

Before our 3-months session ended we took pictures together and luckily I remember what I wanted to say to The Rocksy since the first time I saw her walking into the waiting room: Dokter Rocksy cantik banget deh! Makanya tadi saya langsung dadah!


"Ibu juga! 😄😆 Sampai saya tadi bilang saya pangling. 
Itu artis dari mana? Pas liat nama ibu lah itu ibu Farikaaa! 😁"

Well... See you next year doc! January 31st 😉 Sing sehat and thank you for everything! 🤗


No comments: