Saturday, October 14, 2023

Namira And Galih's Engagement

Those who know me well must've heard the beautiful name "Namira" coming out of my mouth at least once or thrice. In arabic the name Namira means elegant, pure, pretty, and fine. Namira, my niece πŸ₯° She was born when I was still in highschool and I became the happiest aunty on earth eversince. The day Namira was born I officially became TANTE ITA. I was so thrilled to have her in my life. I showed off my pretty niece to everybody I know. If you don't believe me just ask my big sister, Namira's mom, my Teteh πŸ™‚ I mean... I've always love babies because they're so cute. But Tante Ita's niece??? She was the cutest of them all! 😘

As years goes by I watched Namira grows from a lovable baby girl to a pretty, smart, successful young woman and a loving big sister. At 27 years old Si Kaka already has a promising carreer, her own place, a business and 2 adorable kitties, Abby and Ryuji. And... Well she actually has a lot more but I don't want to embarrass Si Kaka by writing everything down 😜 Oh yeah and by the way... Namira's life became merrier when her younger sister Alyna was born.

Namira and I might not see each other as often as we want to. But I try to be there for her whenever she needs me. Ocassional gossiping does happen every now and then. Online and offline. From boyfriend problems to family dramas πŸ˜‰ And of course, a certain someone is always ΓΌber happy when her Kaka Namira spends the night at our house πŸ€—

And then on Sunday the first of October 2023 was the day when my beloved niece got engaged with her longtime boyfriend, Galih. E N G A G E D


Oh. My. God. πŸ₯²  My baby niece is engaged!!!!! I still can't... Oh god... Anyway... It was a lovely and intimate event in Medja Restaurant, Bogor. Galih's parents and some of his family members were there. While from our side, everybody was there except the busy ones: SiBapa, Eza, Bit and Alyna. A couple of days before the event, Teteh asked me to make a speech. She explained that usually the one who makes it is an extended family member of the bride-to-be. Like an uncle, an aunt, or a cousin. The second Teteh said to me that I should be the one to do it I was like 😱😱😱 Nooooooooooo!! It's not because I don't love Namira or I don't want to be a part of her engagement. It's just... It's too much for me! I'm sure I'd cry before I even made the speech. Just thinking about it already made my eyes teary 😭πŸ₯² Seconds later a certain name very close to home came to mind. A very special someone who is excellent at making speeches and loves her Kaka Namira a lot. Yup. My Precious Godsend πŸ₯°

First thing first, I told Namira about my concern. She totally understood my feelings and immediately said yes to my brilliant idea πŸ˜‰ Then I asked my Precious Godsend whether she was into it or not. Without any hesitation she agreed. But while she was preparing the speech Kukka asked: 

"Are you sure it's okay I'm the one who's doing this? I don't want Kaka Namira to think that I take it as a joke. But I really do want to do it and in Bahasa Indonesia." 

Aaaaaaaaaaw Bebinya Bubuuuuu... 😘

On the evening before the engagement day Kukka wrote the speech with love, plus a little bit of help from Bubu and... Here it is πŸ₯³

To me that Sunday in Medja Restaurant was a perfect day πŸ₯° 


No comments: