Thursday, January 28, 2016

Terrible Lie

Terrible lie
My head is filled with disease
My skin is begging you please
I’m on my hands and knees
I want so much to believe

-nine inch nails-

Do you believe that the longer you lie, the more you believe in it? I guess it’s understandable. I mean, if you believe in something so strong and so long enough, even if it is a lie, it would feel like it IS the truth. The power of belief, they say. 

Now. It doesn’t matter if the lie you’ve been keeping doesn’t have to do with anybody else. But what if it does? What if your lies affect somebody else's life? And is there such thing as a good lie? Or as people call it, a white lie? What if, no matter how “white” your lie is, it still makes the person close to you restless, sick or so stressed out, she ruins her life without even realizing it? Or even worse, she realize it. 

Which way would you choose:

  1. You tell the truth and 2 possibilities will come out of it: a. you ruin a person’s life but then makes her stronger and leads a better life. b. you ruin a person’s life for good. 
  2. You never tell the truth and 2 possibilities will come out of it: a. the other person will lead a happy life knowing nothing, yet you’ll live all your life carrying a burden of lies. b. the other person will lead a happy yet fake life and you have to spend the rest of your life knowing that you are responsible for it. 

Decisions, decisions. I myself had been a pro white liar. Well actually I’ve been a liar. I’m not sure whether I was a good or bad one. But yeah... I used to lie a lot to get myself out of troubles. Especially when I was young. I also used to think that it’s better to keep things a secret than to hurt somebody’s feeling. But now? I’m not sure. Ever since I found out that all my life I’ve been lied to, I’m starting to have second thoughts about this white lie thingy. 

Lies. I guess no matter how small or “white” it is, it's still a terrible thing. That how good the intention might be, you'd still hurting another person's feeling. Or even worse, sooner or later, another person's life. Don’t you think? 



1 comment:

Amelia Prahasto said...

100% Agreed!!