Wednesday, August 14, 2024

Great Moments At ArtMoments 2024

Another day very well spent together with my baby ðŸĨ° Last Saturday Kukka and I visited ArtMoments 2024 at the Sheraton Grand Jakarta Gandaria City Hotel. I've been looking forward to this event since... Oh I don't know! I mean I bought the tickets since June 26th for god's sake! 😆 ArtMoments 2024 is a 3-days art fair, started August 9th - 11th 2024. I knew a lot of people would be interested to come so I bought the tickets as soon as I could. I bought the tickets for the 2nd day of the exhibition on purpose which was on the 10th. My consideration was that I was sure the 1st day would be full because... Well it's the first day. And the last day would be extra full because... Well it's the last day ðŸĪŠ So the 10th would be "safe". And I think I was correct. I picked not only the right date but also the perfect time.

Kukka and I arrived at the Sheraton Grand Jakarta Gandaria City Hotel an hour too early. A decision we didn't regret because we still had time to have lunch in the hotel. And then it was finally time. The ArtMoments 2024.

Inside the Sheraton Grand Jakarta City Hotel ballroom there was another type of cool looking crowd. The artsy crowd 😋 I imagined myself taking a stroll in New York or Paris or whatever city which has fashionable people in every corner. Anyway... The minute we stepped our feet in the ballroom I was in awe! A creepy but very awesome installation art by Heri Dono "welcomed" us and I was like... ðŸ˜ģðŸ˜ģðŸ˜ģ I mean just check this out!



I had a brief conversation with Pak Heri Dono and I congratulated him again and again. Thankfully the 3 of us managed to take pictures together before we said goodbye 😊



The awesomeness of ArtMoments 2024 obviously didn't end with Pak Heri Dono. The ballroom was packed with super cool arts and I don't even consider myself as an "artsy" person 😆 I mean... Every time Kukka and I were looking at 1 particular art piece there was always 1 or 2 people who looked very serious and busy observing plus commenting about the piece. For example what the meaning behind a certain flower is or how a stack of purple leaves were made and so on. Well Kukka and I were "just" mesmerized by this painting ↓


I like the painting because it's beautiful and Kukka loves it because it looks delicious. As simple as that 😄 It turns out this gorgeous painting is about how humans have undesirable cravings. The artist used spoon to make this delicious looking masterpiece. As we moved on Kukka and I were continued to be blown away by the art pieces. There was Jack Sparrow made entirely by strings/threads!!! These are some of my personal favorites:



And then I met Miss Franziska Fennert. I couldn't get my eyes off her art work because it looks...unique. It's called "Piyungan, Flowers of all countries - Unite! Upcycled textiles and plastic stiched on canvas, filled with textiles scraps and rice straw". I could see that there's a story behind it. While I was reading the artist's profile and the description on the wall Miss Franziska Fennert herself came to me and started a conversation. Seconds later I noticed that she's German 😃 Sooooo I answered her questions in German! 😆 Miss Fennert was very surprised and I asked her if it was okay to redo and record our conversation entirely in German. I mean it's been forever since the last time I speak in German WITH an actual DEUTSCHER! 😂 So we started over and I made sure that Kukka recorded the whole thing!!! 😆


Nicht schlecht stimmt's? 😂 I mean a Deutscher said that my German is excellent!! 😂 It's not!! And what's funny was that it was Miss Fennert herself who struggled to speak in German! She said it's been a long time since the last time she speaks in her mother tongue 😄 Before we parted our ways Kukka took pictures of the 2 of us. Unfortunately she didn't take any pictures of Miss Fennert's art 😔 But I found it online. Click here The Columns Gallery


As the day went on the more visitors of ArtMoments came and the ballroom was packed. My girl and I were tired and hungry 😄 Before we decided to leave ArtMoments 2024 both of us made sure that we already saw every single piece of incredible art in the ballroom. Alhamdulillah I think we DID see every thing! Thank god because I almost fainted from hunger! 😄 

Kukka and I decided to have an early dinner at Kitchenette Gandaria City Mall. The mall was full because not only it was Saturday night but there was HoYofest 2024! The mall was packed with people dressing up in incredible costumes!!! I was mesmerized by their looks! I couldn't stop thinking about the effort and the amount of time they must have spent to put together those incredibles costumes! Too bad I didn't take pictures with any of them because my daughter was too embarassed to have a mother who would approach a total stranger and asked "Hey! Kostum kamu keren deh! Foto bareng boleh ngga?" ðŸ˜‚ So yeah... While Kukka was explaining to me who a particular person in a certain costume was supposed to be, I was ðŸ˜ąðŸĪĐ😍

After our tummies were full my Precious Godsend and I decided to go home, feeling happy and grateful for the wonderful and very interesting day 😊


Until next time!



No comments: