Sunday, October 06, 2024

Bubu and Kukka at Art Jakarta

It was our first Art Jakarta 2024 and we had a blast! My Precious Godsend and I had another opportunity to see and meet extraordinary artists presenting their masterpieces. Based on our experience from visiting Art Moment, Kukka and I leaved home early because we wanted to arrive at JIEXPO Kemayoran way before opening hour. And again. It was a wise decision. If I remember correctly... πŸ€” It seemed that more visitors were there compared to Art Jakarta... Aaaaand it was kinda... Unorganized? Maybe it's just me... And my girl. But that's how I felt. The traffic inside the hall was confusing. We didn't know where to go or what to see first. We, especially me, were like "Wait! Did we already see this? Or haven't we?" Lucky me, my Precious Godsend always reminded me "We saw this one already. Let's go this way! Bubu, yang itu sudah dilihat. Bubu, don't miss this one!" πŸ˜‚ Many times we did have different interests when I wanted to spend more time admiring 1 particular art while Kukka already wanted to move on to another one. That's one of the reasons why we always have a meeting point. Just in case there's a problem with our cellphones πŸ˜‰

Art Jakarta was full with extraordinary and incredible artworks. Kukka and I were like 2 kids in a giant toy store. I remember how I couldn't stop thinking about the artists behind their masterpieces. To think that there are people who have these kind of talents you know... Unbelievable. I also remember I kept saying to my girl that maybe 1 day her art work will be shown in this kind of exhibition. Who knows right? Amen. 😊

Our visit got even better when I had the chance to have a chat with some of the artists. Great people, great stories, great art. I also have my personal favorites such as:

1. KAPAL TANPA LAUTAN. A collaboration between @mangmoel and @yudisulityoart 😍😍 What can I say about this one other than: BAGUS BANGEEEEEEET!!!! 😱😱😱


2. Alice in Wonderland by @bohemian_27 It's fun, beautiful, interesting, brilliant and everything in between. The objects in the picture were moving for god's sake!! How cool is that!?!?!? Alice, Mad Hatter,... CHESHIRE CAT!!! 😻😻😻 Pinocchio was also there!! Lucky me I also had the opportunity to chat with the brilliant artist himself.  

                               

3. Unfortunately I didn't get the name of this art. But this particular masterpiece reminded me of my everlasting love: Trent Reznor's πŸ˜† - The Downward Spiral - Nine Inch Nails. Those were the series of words that popped up in my head πŸ˜†


4. Skeleton Snoopy. Well... Everybody who knows me well must know that I have a thing for skeletons πŸ˜† So when I came across a giant skeleton Snoopy I was... 😱


5. These are simply adorable I wanted to take the arts and the book home!


6. And these are the rest of my favorites: 


When Kukka and I went home we couldn't stop talking about our favorite art pieces. And of course the best part of the day was to see the excitement I saw in my baby's eyes. The exhausted body and super tired legs were all worthwhile πŸ₯° Until next Art Jakarta ya sayang 😘


No comments: